Monday, June 9, 2008

Thing #10 I Spy With My Little Eye - Images






Once again, I found that hours had passed and I had added too many websites to my favorites to include in my blog. There were websites to add countless creative customized images to websites, blogs, and emails. The 'Dummies' bookcover was one of my favorites. Creating the book covers can be found at http://dummies.book.cover.txt2pic.com/. Another site I enjoy is the Confucius signs that can be found at http://buy4cheap.brinkster.net/signs/confucius/quotes.asp. I also found a sight that uses 'Clippy', the paper clip icon used in MS Word. These websites and more can be found at http://www.imagegenerator.org/.
I thought of one application for students - using one of the sign or book cover generators to creatge a novel way to illustrate a rule or definition. Students could put these together in an Activboard flipchart or Powerpoint slideshow.
Every new Thing seems to be more fun than the last!

2 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

And you are thinking of ways to use this in your classroom, wonderful!

Infomaniac said...

6/26/08

Dear Geo4All,

Thank you for the links to the image generators. I know I saw at least 2 of them along the way, but information overload. Your listing helped make their access concrete. I can definitely use them with students next year. Teachers will love the book cover idea. By the way, love your avatar--can relate to the shopping mall lady. I see you are a math teacher. I taught English for 21 years before going into the library. I have been in the library for 11 years now. I have found my career as an educator to be a satisfying and fulfilling one.