Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thing #9 Information overload

I spent several hours looking at Cool Cat Teacher blog, Google blog search, Topix, and several others listed in L2P and mentioned other places. I am defininitely going to have to spend some time deciding what is the most use to me. In Google blog search there are over 5 million blogs tagged Geometry, and in Topix over 11,000. Technorati was the most confusing for me, and Google the easiest to use, even though there is so much there. The most unusual thing I found: At one point I got sidetracked in Second Life - a virtual reality world that I found a little weird. There was an ad to 'Add your school or business' to the world in Second Life. I'm not sure that is a direction that I want to go in for my students. I can see some addictive personalities getting 'lost' in virtual reality.

I plan to used the list of top 100 educational blogs as my starting point when I am looking for a specific topic. I need to work on my Circle of the Wise. I am glad I am doing this over the summer when I have more free time to explore and wander.

1 comment:

ktjr said...

I was a bit overwhelmed by the number of blogs out there too. I'm not sure how you searched, but I found that the more specific I got with my search topic, the more relevant the blog.