Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thing #19 I'm An Author!

To get the ball rolling with the awards list I clicked on Lulu - a site that lets you create your own book for yourself or publication. I didn't get any further. About 10 years ago my parents and I did a family cookbook. My mom is the oldest of 5 girls, and my grandmother's twin sister has 4 girls. My grandmother and greataunt left a great legacy - 24 grandchildren, 57 great grandchildren, and to date 6 great-great grandchildren. We have been tossing around doing another cookbook for several years, but it was so time consuming the first time with everything involved I haven't wanted to tackle it. Now, thanks to the wonder of the web, I think I can have the cookbook redone in a couple of months, and it will look great!

I plan to use some of the other sites for graphics for the cookbook. When it gets finished I'll let everyone know!

PS: I also started a science fiction novel I have been wanting to write since I was 14.

4 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

Wow, how wonderful that you found a personal use from something you have learned about in this training! I would fun to see your final product.

Grendel said...

How absolutely super! The cookbook would be interesting, but you KNOW your summertime lunch bunch gets to read your sci fi before anyone else, don't you??

nancym said...

I am so glad that I randomly clicked on your blog to respond to today! Recently, at a church garage sale a lady donated stuff left from her recently deceased mother's estate sale. One thing was a recipe box of her favorite recipes. I am going to put them in a cookbook for our fall festival auction and also give her daughter a copy. Honestly I can't believe she didn't keep the box. I'm glad to know that we'll be learning about a tool to use for just this job. I'm alsonly on thing 9 so now I have something to look forwand to.

Blue Eyes blogging said...

I look forward to seeing your cookbook--family recipes are always the best. I did not explore Lulu too much, so your experience was enlightening. Keep us posted.